Sunday, November 4, 2012

golden

I have been on the search for some gold cap-toe flats. 

The original Lanvin flats are $590!


Sam Edelman made slightly less expensive pair for $110.



Kate Spade has a few options but the price tag is still way too high.



So I gave up on my golden dream for awhile, until one day I saw this pair at Forever 21.


And the price tag was only $16.80!


I bought them with the intention of painting the patent toes.


I had some old gold spray paint in the garage, so I taped off the the toes with blue painters tape and covered the rest of the shoe with plastic. Then I just sprayed 2 thin coats (dry time inbetween) and that was it. 


Super easy & Super cheap!


I have no idea if the paint will stay put, but you can't beat gold toes for under $17.

No comments:

Post a Comment